Welcome to South Jordan Elementary!
We are on a traditional schedule for the 2022-23-Elementary-School-Calendars.
Enroll online Jordan District Enrollment Page using Skyward Family Access.
Bring in the required documents prior to starting school
- Parent/legal custodial guardian's picture identification (driver's license, state agency picture ID, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency, two documents with current address
Example: copy of utility bills, rental agreement, house closing document, bank statement with address, property tax bill, vehicle registration, etc
The Student Planning & Enrollment is available as a reference.
Here are a few things to know regarding enrolling a child in Jordan School District:
- To enter kindergarten, children must be five years old on or before September 1. A certified birth certificate is required for enrollment.
- Students are placed in a grade according to their age. Jordan School District may honor an acceleration or retention with adequate documentation.
- Proof of immunization against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. is required. Visit the Immunization Requirements page for more information.
- If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, a proof of vision screening for Amblyopia is required. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a preschool vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
- Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- If your child will not be living with a parent or legal guardian, authorization from Student Services is required to enroll. Please call us at 801-567-8183 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- If your student is currently attending a Utah public charter school, they may be enrolled in their Jordan School District boundary school the following school year provided notice is given to the boundary school on or before June 30th. If an application for admission is submitted during the current school year or after June 30th, the student may be enrolled provided the school has adequate capacity in the student's grade level or required core classes (Utah Code §53G-6-503).
- Dual enrollment is for home school or private school students only. Charter and online school students are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities or co-curricular classes at their Jordan District boundary school provided the activity/classes are not offered by the charter or online school, and provided they meet all other requirements as outlined in Utah Code §53G-6-702 and R277-494-3-5.
- Students moving to Jordan School District from another school will need a withdrawal form from their previous school of attendance, an original or certified birth certificate, immunization records, and copies of any academic records which could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will then send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled and records are requested.