Dear South Jordan Parents,
Due to the possibility that year-round schools may not be able to open in July, the Jordan School District Board of Education has determined that South Jordan Elementary will move to a delayed start year-round calendar this fall. This decision came after the Board carefully reviewed survey information in which a majority of parents and teachers preferred a delayed start year-round calendar.
Please note the following start dates:
- A and B track students in grades 1-6 will now begin school on August 17, 2020.
- A and B track Kindergarten students will begin school on August 25, 2020.
- D track students in grades 1-6 still begin school on August 20, 2020.
- D track Kindergarten students will begin school on August 28, 2020.
- C track students in grades 1-6 will now begin school on September 10, 2020.
- C track Kindergarten students will begin school on September 18, 2020.
- A, B, and C tracks have online learning sessions during off-track windows. More information will be forthcoming.
- The main office will send out information regarding registration and teacher assignments this summer.
Your child’s safety and well-being are our top priority. We understand that this is an unexpected transition during unprecedented times and we will do our best to help students adjust to this change.
Parents can download the new calendar using this link: https://planning.jordandistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2020-21-YRE-Calendar-APPROVED-05262020.pdf
Please contact the main office if you have any questions.